Friday, March 13, 2009

From a House to a Home

By Devin Barrett

It was October 11th, 2007, the day we moved into our (new) lake house. I was very skeptic about the house, the neighbors, and everything in between. I knew I would miss my old neighbors, tremendously. I sucked it up and tagged along for the move. The movers arrived at a chilling 6:30 in the morning; the brisk fall wind off the lake wasn’t helping. Luckily, our new house was only five minutes away.
When we arrived, I quickly walked through the new empty house, wishing it would be as good as my old one. The movers arrived and “dropped” of all of our stuff, we arranged it the way we’d like and sat down to take it all in. I remember this day quite vividly because this was also the date of our annual light house festival. We traveled to the lighthouse and looked through all of the local merchant’s stands; we than bought a few items to make our new house feel like a home. When we returned to the house, we put the new items in their “right” place. I soon realized, maybe this house will be even better than our old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment